Black-Eyed Susan Plant Sun/shade garden Live dormant Starter plant Fast growing
shipped bare root W/Soil with very little growth because it is fall/winter by Long Island ready for you to plant on arrival
You could plant in the fall/winter for the next Springs growth
Internationally acclaimed, popular for over 50 years. This compact, 18 in. tall x 24 in. wide perennial sports unique blooms that have 1-2 in. wide, golden yellow petals which encircle a nearly black cone of disc shaped flowers. Blooms from mid-summer to mid-fall. Long-blooming, low maintenance, and long-lived. Plants have handsome foliage and every perennial garden should have a few of these fast-growing coneflower daisies. Plants tolerate wet and poorly drained soil, wind, salt and heat. Deadhead to prolong bloom and to keep plant tidy. Or leave the first sturdy seed stalks for winter interest. If birds do not eat all the seeds over winter, plants will self sow, creating more plants for your pleasure. Pair with Caryopteris, Pennisetum, or Perovskia for textural contrast.
- Botanical Name : Rudbeckia fulgida var. sullivantii 'Goldsturm
- Assembled dimension: 6 in. W x 6 in. D x 6 in. H
- Fast growing perennial
- Popular gold Coneflower daisy
- 1999 Perennial Plant of the Year!
- A sure sign of summer
- Performs best in plant growing zones 3 to 8. When grown in other Zones, special care requirements will be required
- To accommodate mature size or when planting in groups, space 18 in. away from other plants or structures Long blooming flowers